Members of the organization
Health Education and Research Association - HERA
HERA – Health Education and Research Association is a citizen association that was formed in January 2000 by six volunteers, medical students determined to take action about the insufficient education on HIV and AIDS and the lack of medicines and care for people living with HIV in Macedonia. A little later, HIV is only one of the aspects of sexual and reproductive health and sexual rights on the improvement of which Hera has been working for almost two decades. As a full member of the International Planned Parenthood Federation (IPPF) since 2009, HERA represents better policies, provides free and confidential services for sexual and reproductive health and gender-based violence, educates on sexual rights and empowers the marginalized groups- because the organization strongly believes that all people should enjoy their sexuality freely and in social well-being.
Mission: HERA leads civil action and encourages social change for exercising sexual rights and enabling better education and services for sexual and reproductive health, especially for marginalized communities.
Vision: All people enjoy their sexuality freely and in social well-being
– All people have equal rights and deserve equal conditions for exercising rights
– We believe in social justice as the foundation of an inclusive society and as the basis for everyone to enjoy their rights and freedoms regardless of the different power positions of people
– Respect for diversity is one of the basic principles of free society
– Activism is a prerequisite for democratic development and a tool for achieving their own rights and the rights of others
– The freedom of choice, the possibility and right to decide for themselves and make informed decisions without pressure
– Youth participation as a model for building strong citizenship and sustainable democratic society
– Fighting for realization of the rights and freedoms of disadvantaged people can be successful only through their empowerment, mobilizing and active participation
– We believe in feminism as an ideology that unites our values
and as a movement that is committed to promoting the rights of
different sexual and gender identities by overcoming gender
norms leading to inequality, injustice and violence
Address: Franklin Roosevelt 51a / 26, 1000 Skopje, Northern Macedonia
Tel: +389 (0) 2 3290 395
Fax: +389 (0) 2 2556 002
Association for Promotion of the Status of Women in Macedonia "Women's Action" - Radovish
Women’s Action is an association for promoting the status of women in modern social processes in Macedonia. . Established on 15.07.2005 in order to create favorable conditions for organized access and permanent social activity of women in Radovis and beyond, providing adequate representation of women in all spheres of public and political life in
problems related to women, affirmation of the culture of living of women and family, social and health education of women, tolerance and coexistence of interethnic relations, encouraging and involving women in humanitarian, peace and civic initiatives and cooperation with non-governmental women’s organizations internationally and other associations.
The main objectives of “Women’s action” are: – Creating favorable conditions for organized access and permanent social activity of women in Radovis and beyond;
– Providing adequate representation of women in all spheres of public and political life in the country;
– Monitoring, implementing and applying international conventions and declarations for protection of women and their rights;
-Resolving problems related to the woman, affirmation of the culture of life and family, social and health education of the woman;
– Tolerance and coexistence in interethnic relations;
– Encouraging and involving women in humanitarian, peace and civic initiatives;
– Cooperation with non-governmental women’s organizations internationally and other associations.
Address: Ilindenska bb, 2420 Radovish
Tel. : +389 77 924 810
Women's Civic Initiative - Antico
Women’s Civic Initiative Antico was established in 1999 in response to the need of the Community for multiethnic networking and team-acting in the field of democracy, pluralism, tolerance, interethnic cooperation,
the promotion of gender equality and active participation of citizens in the construction of peace in the community, through economic, social, cultural well-being and respect for the fundamental human rights of all people – different and marginalized. Mission:
Antico is a self-sustaining network that supports and influences gender policies and is the bearer of activities for the socio-economic empowerment of women in Macedonia. Antico’s network with coordinated actions and partnership with civil society organizations, the local self-government, business sector, media and other stakeholders, implements continuous activities that make a positive impact on the level of individuals, groups and on community level. Forms of action: capacity building, advocacy in institutions, promotion, information, education, non-formal education, gender surveys, publications, manuals, etc. Antico works on the implementation of public actions in communities, establishes influence and support for creating gender accountable policies and budgets at local and central level.
Address: Emin Duraku no. 2/2/14, 1000 Skopje Phone: ++ 389 (0) 2 2 614 641
e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com
e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com
веб страна: www.antiko.org.mk; www.antico.org.mk
Women's Civic Initiative "Klea" - Bitola
The mission of WCI “Klea” – creating conditions for gender balanced development of the community through economic, political and social empowerment of women
Areas of action – strengthening civil society, public policy monitoring, gender budget analysis, lobbying and advocacy
Aims and tasks:
– Sensitization of government institutions and the public on gender equality through education, lobbying and advocacy.
– Raising women’s awareness of gender equality by strengthening self-confidence and self-awareness
– Economic empowerment of women through education, support, lobbying of financial organizations, banks
– Multi-sectoral empowerment of women for greater participation in the mainstream of social and political life.
– Protection of human rights through monitoring and timely indication of irregularities.
– Networking with women, etc. civil
society organizations through cooperation and the formation of ad hoc or permanent coalitions. – Active monitoring and cooperation with the local self-government
and other institutions in the adoption, application and amendment of the legislation related to women’s rights.
Address: st. Kliment Ohridski 15/14 Bitola
Tel: 070 339 948; 075 886 706
Association for Equal Opportunities "Semper" - Bitola
The Association for Equal Opportunities “Semper” is a non-governmental, non-partisan, non-profit organization that was founded on June 21, 2002. By a decision on the Ministry of Labor and Social Policy of the Republic of Macedonia in July 2005, it was registered in the Register of CSOs working in the field of social protection.
Mission: Launch initiatives for equal opportunities for participation of all citizens in all spheres of social life, providing full enjoyment of all human rights, life without violence and eliminating all kinds of discrimination.
Vision: Semper is a civic organization that at national and international level in partnership with all citizens in society and with strong coordination of professionals from the government and the civil sector successfully promotes the concept of life without violence, increases the awareness of human rights and gender equality.
Moto: Life without violence and equal opportunities for all.
23 Sisak Street Bitola, 7000, R. Macedonia
phone: 047 / 252-095; 070 / 339-296
Association for Local Rural Development - Kamenjane
The Association for Local Rural Development was founded in 2006 by a group of young people aimed at developing civil society in rural areas.
Supporting civic initiatives (formal and informal) and the public sector in mobilization of resources directed towards rural community development and strengthening marginalized, vulnerable and socially excluded groups.
The organization realizes the following objectives and tasks:
– Support in the development of social services, support in the development and protection of human and civil rights of marginalized groups;
– Support in the development of capacities in civil society (formal and informal) initiatives;
– Support in the development of institutional and sustainable models of citizen participation in public policies.
Association for Local Rural Development
Str. Marshal Tito bb, Unibau local 18,
Tetovo, Republic of Macedonia
Association for Local Rural Development
Str. Rosa Plaveva no.4, Apartment 8
Skopje, Republic of Northern Macedonia
Tel / fax 02/6137 911
Веб страница: http://zlrr.org.mk/
Association of citizens "Sirma" – Kumanovo
Association of Citizens "Sumnal"
The Association for Development of the Roma Community in Macedonia was established in June 2004 and responds to the needs of public schools and the Topaana settlement, which are related to the extremely poor school achievements, high rate of school drop-outs, illiteracy and small awareness of the importance of education. To fight these problems, “Sumnal” organizes and performs various educational and social activities, as well as activities that build the character in connection with the material that is learned in regular schools and curricula prepared by the Ministry of Education and Science. For only a few years the services provided by “Sumnal” have increased dramatically, although the organization remained faithful to the initial mission and goals. Through cooperation with the community, cooperation with the Parent Council and establishing close relations with local schools, Sumnal is able to identify and begin to meet the additional needs of the community.
Today, in addition to more than 60 hours per week educational opportunities offered for children, “Sumnal” provides a wide range of educational opportunities for all members of the community. These opportunities include, although they are not limited to, the following: rights of women, teaching, attending public events, citizen registration, fighting with poverty that is common in the environment, domestic violence, hygiene and sanitation and health measures, vaccination, rights for children, literacy of adults, democratic participation, human environment and many others. The progress of Topaana people is certain. However, “Sumnal” began to provide funds and sources needed for education in the extremely large number of adults and children in the Topaana neighborhood. Without debt, the hopes, dreams and future of a whole generation is brighter due to the efforts of the team, volunteers, partners and sympathizers of “Sumnal”.
Mission: Strengthening the Roma community in the Republic of North Macedonia through improvement and development of education, culture, creative development of children and youth, social inclusion, economic development, health and environmental protection
Vision: The Roma are integrated into society and give greater contribution to the development of the Republic of North Macedonia.
Аddress: Maksud Sadik bb, 1000 Skopje
Tel. +389 2 3119 073 +389 2 2611219
Tel. +389 2 2611219
Association of Citizens "Florence Nightingale" - Kumanovo
“Florence Nightingale” is a non-governmental multiethnic association that works on the prevention of domestic violence, protection of women and children, provision of legal assistance, lobbying and representing victims of domestic violence before the competent institutions in the Republic of North Macedonia in the direction of achieving full gender equality in the society.
Mission: The woman in Macedonia, equal to the male members in all spheres of the multiethnic and multicultural society, contributes to the development of the country.
Vision: The Macedonian democratic and prosperous society is an integral part of the European family in which citizens are equal, regardless of their gender, ethnicity or any other affiliation.
1. Raising awareness and prevention of all forms of violence against women;
2. We strive for gender equality between women and men in the family and society;
3. We offer free legal aid and women’s support in exercising their rights.
Tel. +389 2 3119 073 +389 78 267 155, +389 71 379 771
Association of single-parent families “One Can!” Skopje
“One can!” is a civil organization dedicated to improving the rights of single-parent families, mostly of single mothers.
The organization “One can!” is a voluntary, non-profit, non-governmental, non-partisan, independent organization, formed by free association of citizens for the realization, protection and harmonization of their interests and beliefs for the promotion of civil, gender equity society and local governments, and for performing activities for encouraging moral values, strengthening the interpolant relations, interethnic dialogue and economic development of single parents and children on the territory of the Republic of Macedonia.
Mission: The mission of the organization is to work on effective promotion and support in the realization of the rights of members of single-parent families, single mothers and their children in the Republic North Macedonia through creating opportunities for proper support and necessary resources.
“One Can!” acts nationwide on the territory of Macedonia with growing trends and opportunities to network with other organizations and foundations with the same and/or similar goals and interests, both in the country and beyond.
Vision: The organization’s vision is providing overall social care and treatment of single-parent families in the Republic of North Macedonia and their integration to equal access to services and goods for normal functioning.
Address: 31 Dzumajska Street, 1000 Skopje
FB page: https://www.facebook.com/onecanednamozhe/
Association of Social Workers of the City of Skopje
The Association of Social Workers of the City of Skopje is a non-profit, non-governmental humanitarian organization established in 1973. The Association started its activities in order to develop professional capacities of its membership and dissemination of knowledge that will allow social workers to be up to date with the latest achievements in the field of social work and social policy. In this way, they will actively engage in helping solving the problems of citizens who are in a state of social risk.
The activities of the Association of Social Workers of the City of Skopje are of particular importance due to the social and economic problems of citizens as a result of the issue of poverty, the increase in domestic violence, trafficking, care for children under social risk, homelessness, drug and alcohol dependence, and HIV infection and AIDS, the increase in unemployment, etc.
Through its activities in the field of social protection, the association is an important factor in the realization of social services and activities in areas where the state is unable to act, which gives an active contribution to the pluralization of the social protection system through the reduction of social problems and satisfying the social needs of citizens in the Republic of North Macedonia.
Address st. “October 11” no. 42 а
tel / fax: 02 / 3212-690
e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org http://www.zsr-skopje.mk/
Crisis Center “Hope”
The services offered by CC “Hope” are:
National SOS line number 15-315, available 24/7,
from all mobile and fixed operators in the
Republic of North Macedonia,
CC “Hope” also offers crisis care for a period of 24-48 hours to women –
– victims of domestic violence, when their lives and health and/or the lives
and health of their children are endangered.
During their stay
in CC “Hope”,
and psycho-social support,
CC “Hope” also offers crisis care for a period of 24-48 hours to women – victims of domestic violence,
when their lives and health and/or the lives and health of their children are endangered.
legal advice and preparation of security plans,
as well as communication with relevant institutions to ensure full protection of victims.
the victims receive psychological and psycho-social support, legal advice and preparation of security plans, as well as communication with relevant institutions to ensure full protection of victims.
Association for Gender Equality “Vision” Kavadarci
AGE “Vision” Kavadarci, Association for Gender Equality “Vision” Kavadarci is a non-governmental, non-profit organization. Every woman can be a member of the organization regardless of her religious and national affiliation. It was established in 1991 just as the country started its transition process.
Mission: Women- driving force in the society by protecting their rights, improving their status in society and reducing violence of women and domestic violence.
Vision: Advocacy, affirmation, lobbying for the interests and rights of women from urban and rural areas through education, raising public awareness, their affirmation in social life and action, whereby equality occurs as a basic postulate in the action of the association.
Address: Krste Misirkov Street no. 55, 1430 Kavadarci
Тел.070/394 203; 071/ 259 070
Email: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org
Organization of Turkish Women in Macedonia – “Deria”
1. We educate the whole population about human and minority rights
2. We educate about women’s rights
3. We organize educational workshops and seminars on violence against women and domestic violence
4. We organize educational workshops for early marriage
5. We organize educational workshops for women from rural areas on the topic “Woman and democracy”
Chamber of Psychologists
The Chamber of Psychologists of the Republic of North Macedonia is an independent professional organization of graduated psychologists on the territory of the Republic of North Macedonia.
The Chamber is the basis for the protection and promotion of the psychological activity in the Republic of North Macedonia.
The main objectives of the Chamber are:
– To represent and develop the psychological activity in the Republic of North Macedonia (such as education, science and profession) and make it available, useful and respected, including the quality of the profession in accordance with the Law on Psychological Activity and this Statute;
– Да им помага на психолозите во усовршувањето на нивната професија и во градењето на нивниот професионален идентитет и стручност, засновани врз заеднички вредности и цели, различност и мултијазичност, меѓусебна почит и соработка, мобилност и служење на општеството;
– assist psychologists in improving their profession and building their professional identity and expertise, based on common values and goals, diversity and multilingualism, mutual respect and cooperation, mobility and serving society; – to promote dissemination of the knowledge of psychology in the Republic of North Macedonia, with a specific contribution to the development of social policies in the country, as well as to contribute to the quality of life of the citizens of the Republic of Macedonia.
Tasks of the Chamber are:
– Establishment and maintaining relations with the competent state bodies and other organizations, associations in the Republic of North Macedonia, as well as with appropriate organizations and associations from the region and beyond;
– Harmonization, generating and dissemination of information relating to psychology and conditions that are of importance for psychology in the Republic of North Macedonia;
– Developing and sharing models and standards of education, science and professional practice in psychology;
– Licensing of psychologists in the Republic of North Macedonia.
– Establishment of contacts with the media in order to familiarize the citizens and the wider public with the psychological activity, for its presentation and affirmation at the state level;
– Organizing regular conferences, seminars and meetings of psychologists in the Republic of North Macedonia with domestic and foreign participants;
– Organizing regular conferences, seminars, meetings and trainings in the Republic of North Macedonia with domestic and foreign participants from different professions.
Address ul. Londonska 19, local 8
Phone +389 2 3074 203
Facebook: facebook.com/Chamber of Psychologists of the Republic of Macedonia
Roma Association for Women and Youth "Luludi"
The Roma Association for Women and Youth “Luludi “is a non-governmental, voluntary, non-profit, non-partisan and independent civil society organization acting on the territory of the Republic of North Macedonia. The association collaborates with all related organizations g the principle of voluntarism, equality and mutual respect, does not support any party and political ideology, has no reference to military aggression and the destruction of national, racial or religious hatred and intolerance.
Mission: Improving the status of the Roma woman and young Roma in society and family, through their full involvement in the social flows, in cooperation with other organizations and institutions at the local, national and international level.
Vision: The Roma woman is an equal member of society, bearer and instigator of social changes for sustainable living and promoter of the values of Roma culture.
The general objectives and tasks of the Association are to create conditions and organized performance for the permanent activities of women and youth, as well as to monitor, study and initiate issues that require social resolution, and are directly related to the advancement of the socio-economic position of women and youth.
Tel / Fax: 02/61 61 187
Mob: 070/726 538
st. Lazar Trpovski br.1 / 2-7, Skopje
Headquarters of the organization:
bul. Makedonsko Kosovska Brigada br.61, Skopje
Youth Center for Equal Opportunities
Tel. +389 2 3119 073 +389 (0)2 313 4390
Organization of Women of the Municipality of Veles
The Organization of Women of the Municipality of Veles is recognizable in the municipality of Veles as an organization that unites all women, regardless of their status and ethnicity. The organization has many years of experience in identifying poor and vulnerable groups, which seeks to enable protection and support.
Vision: Improving equality between sexes
Mission: Equality between sexes, development, peace
Advocacy and promotion of women’s rights, equal opportunities, women’s participation in all spheres of social life, encouraging tolerance, dialogue and peace protection, strengthening women in rural areas, fighting all kinds of violence, health care, political strengthening of women and fostering tradition.
Address: Alekso Demnievski-Bauman no.7,1400 Veles
Organization of Women of the Municipality of Sveti Nikole
The idea of establishing the Organization of Women of the Municipality of Sveti Nikole was prompted by women-fighters for human rights, primarily fighters for respecting and affirming women’s rights. At the local level, the initiative was raised by 7 women from the municipality of Sveti Nikole, who are the founders of the association, and on the basis of free association of citizens for exercising their interests and acquisitions of activities for improving the overall situation primarily women in society, including children and youth.
The organization is an extension of the former women’s movement in Macedonia and acts as a non-governmental, non-profit and independent organization, which as a legal entity exists with a decision issued by the Basic Court Sveti Nikole since December 1990.
Mission: OWMSN is actively working for better quality of life of citizens and respect for human rights with an emphasis on women’s rights and girls.
Vision: OWMSN is the leading force of the female and civil movement, which creates positive changes in society and contributes to the general prosperity of all citizens.
In line with the vision and mission of the organization, we continue to work on the three main programs: Human Rights Program with an emphasis on women’s rights, Program for children and youth and Health Program, with greater focus and specific objectives of action.
Address: st. Leninova 1-1 / 4, p.fah 13, 2220 Sveti Nikole
Tel: 032 444 620
Email: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org
Organization of Women of the City of Skopje
The Organization of Women of the City of is a voluntary non-governmental association of citizens working in the field of promotion and protection of women’s rights and which manages a 24-hour national SOS line for victims of domestic violence.
The basic objectives and tasks of the organization are to create conditions and organized performance of the existing activity of women, as well as to monitor, study and initiate issues that require social resolution and are more directly related to the advancement of the socio-economic position of women.
1. a 24-hour national SOS line for victims of domestic violence
2. Identifying cases of of domestic violence
3. Providing expert assistance to victims
4. Offering psycho-social support and strengthening of the victim
5. Providing reliable and secure temporary residence
6. Referring victims to other institutions
7. Conducting continuous training of volunteers to work on the SOS phone
Address: st. 11 October no.17, 1000 Skopje P.Fax.850
Tel / Fax ++ 389-2-3164-815
15700 – National SOS Hotline for Victims of Domestic Violence
Association “Sky Plus”-Strumica
The “Sky Plus” Strumica Association was established at the founding assembly held on March 3, 2013.
One of the priority goals is to provide assistance and support of socially vulnerable groups of citizens, raising awareness and psychological support for socially vulnerable categories of citizens.
The mission of the association “Sky Plus” are families at risk in order to improve the quality of life and raise awareness of civic sensitivity, responsibility and commitment to children, families and groups at risk or potential risk of negative social phenomena.
– To promote the principles and objectives of the United Nations, especially those in the field of social life
– Providing help and support of the socially vulnerable category of citizens
– Organizing educational campaigns in order to raise awareness of certain targeted social groups
– Psychological support for socially vulnerable categories of citizens
– Direct action of marginalized groups of citizens
– Instruments for reducing discrimination against certain target groups of citizens
– Organization and conducting of educational workshops and debates for various social problems faced by many marginalized target groups
– Care of a certain target group in the existing forms of protection under competent institutions in the municipality of Strumica
– Cooperation with the competent institutions for achieving goals
– Promotion of ideas and establishing contacts for greater engagement of relevant institutions in helping socially vulnerable categories
– Protection of the rights of marginalized groups in the municipality of Strumica
– Cooperation with healthcare institutions for prevention
– Helping a socially vulnerable group of citizens for proper educational activity
TAKT- Together Advancing Common Trust
Area of action:
– Good governance
– Development of civil society
– Women and gender issues
– Interethnic relations
– Children, youth and students
– Environment and natural resources
– Education, Science and Research
Address: Str. Franklin Roosevelt 1/9, Skopje
Helsinki Committee for Human Rights of the Republic of Macedonia
The Helsinki Committee for Human Rights is a citizen association registered in 1994. The Committee monitors the situation with human rights, provides legal assistance, cooperates with other organizations and with state bodies in the direction of increasing the promotion, respect and protection of human rights and freedom.
The purpose of the Committee is the protection and promotion of human rights and freedom guaranteed by the Constitution of the RM, international instruments and the final document from Helsinki from 1975 and building democratic conditions in which they can be practiced on the basis of the rule of law. The Committee starts from the fact that all people should have the opportunity to enjoy and practice their basic rights and freedoms and have the opportunity to protect them in case of their violation or restriction. This is the basis of the rule of law, human rights and democracy.
In its endeavor for promotion and protection of human rights and harmonization of domestic legislation and practice with the European Union, the Helsinki Committee: Organizes systemic monitoring of human rights situation in the country; Provides free legal aid and protects the individual, collective and rights of other legal entities on the territory of the Republic of North Macedonia and in front of international organizations; Prepares monthly, annual and special reports on the situation with human rights; Prepares analyzes and other expert documents related to the human rights situation; Organizes conferences, seminars, tribunes, public actions and other legal forms of civil activity; Promotes and helps the development of democracy, the rule of law and civil society, and performs other activities of public interest in accordance with the Law on Citizens’ Associations.
Vision: All people should have the opportunity to practice their basic rights and freedom and have the opportunity to protect them in case of their violation or restriction. This is the basis of democratic development and a warranty for peace at national, regional and global level.
Tel. +389 2 3119 073 +389 2 3119 073
Tel. +389 2 3119 073 +389 2 3290 469